This is my first attempt at using a Bamboo Tablet in Photoshop. It was decently difficult to work with but I know with practice it can only get better. Right? 🙂
I came up with this idea when I couldn’t find the shoes I am looking for. These are inspired by Minnie Mouse and the complete lack of aqua colored polka dotted heels. What do you think?
- 4 inch Styrofoam ball
- Approximately 60 Silk Carnations
- Floral Pins or Glue (I prefer not to use hot glue, I find it gets spiderwebby)
I then pull the carnations off of their stem.
Push the carnations into the ball until the ball is covered.
We know it began with a mouse in 1928. The Disney empire is stronger than ever. I love almost everything about it. I make crafts themed around it. Disney inspires pretty much everything I do. I am even getting married at the Disney World Resort. What? I hope the magic never stops!
1. Gather your supplies:
- Tissue Paper
- Floral Wire
- Wire Cutters (if you dont want to cut the wire with scissors)
2. Cut the tissue into rectangles (approx. 5inches x 10inches)
3. Take 5 rectangles and accordian fold them approximately 8 times.
4. Take about 10 inches of floral wire and wrap it around your bundle. Twist the wire to hold itself together. This is the stem of your flower.
5. For a more refined looking flower use scissors to round the edges of your petals.
6. Begin separating the layers of tissue. Be careful not to rip the flower.
7. Congratulations on your beautiful paper flower.