Photos from my time in Zanzibar. We traveled by ferry from Dar es Salaam to Stone Town. From Stone Town, we went to Jozani Forest to see the monkeys there.
- 4 inch Styrofoam ball
- Approximately 60 Silk Carnations
- Floral Pins or Glue (I prefer not to use hot glue, I find it gets spiderwebby)
I then pull the carnations off of their stem.
Push the carnations into the ball until the ball is covered.
1. Gather your supplies:
- Tissue Paper
- Floral Wire
- Wire Cutters (if you dont want to cut the wire with scissors)
2. Cut the tissue into rectangles (approx. 5inches x 10inches)
3. Take 5 rectangles and accordian fold them approximately 8 times.
4. Take about 10 inches of floral wire and wrap it around your bundle. Twist the wire to hold itself together. This is the stem of your flower.
5. For a more refined looking flower use scissors to round the edges of your petals.
6. Begin separating the layers of tissue. Be careful not to rip the flower.
7. Congratulations on your beautiful paper flower.